Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"Venetian Gold"

This is my painting that was awarded the AWS Gold Metal of Honor for 2007. It is currently a part of the American Watercolor Society's traveling exhibit around the US. It has been to Gloucester, Massachusetts, Port Huron, Michigan, El Dorado, Arkansas, and is now on its way to Tullahoma, Tennessee. The painting was purchased by an art collector in New York City during the 140th Exhibit held last April.

Here is some background about the painting itself. I purchased the mask in Venice, Italy a few years ago and will never forget my experience of traveling there. There is no other city in the world like Venice. It is definitely magical. I tried to capture that feeling in this painting. The scarf come from Florence. It was sold to me as a Versace replica. I didn't care, I liked the design and colors. Both items came from a part of the world that I have come to love. The art that I experienced there has left a lifetime impression and I plan to go back whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Because of requests for prints of this painting, I have limited edition Iris giclee prints on Arches watercolor which I am currently selling through a gallery out in California. It is the World Art Gallery in Ladera Ranch. The website is: www.worldartpublishing.org. Contact me for further information.

No comments: