Saturday, November 27, 2010

New Watercolor WIP


Hi! It feels like a long time since I have been able to sit down and concentrate on my watercolor painting. Life gets in the way of what I should be spending all my time working on; that being my painting. Work and school for me have taken me away unfortunately. For all artists out there, you know what I am talking about. And now that I have more of a following, I feel it necessary to produce which is a good thing. Enough about that. What I have here is the start of a new composition and hopefully a new series of paintings (3) of exteriors that I found interesting in the South of France. I have decided on an elongated size to add interest and emphasis. This particular building was one that I came upon in the old part of Nice, France. I love the texture and age of the building and the things that the residents hang outside of their shuttered windows. There was a French Linen shop below. You will see as I develop the new painting.

2 comments:

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

Your work is absolutely stunning! Can't wait to see this painting in progress. I am in awe of your talent:)

Paula said...

I'm in awe of your work Carrie! I checked it out and you have very interesting compositions and subject matter. Both of which I like very much. Thanks for your comment.