Saturday, March 12, 2011

Venetian Gold on Front Cover of International Artist Magazine


About a year ago, I received an email from Vincent Miller Publisher/Editor-in-Chief of International Artist Magazine in which he was interested in doing an article about me and my watercolor art for the magazine. There was a file sent as to what kind of information they were looking for and the structure of how to send everything to the magazine. I was just getting back to work about that time after a long layoff from the automotive industry here in Detroit and still going to school to pursue my digital art and animation degree so I didn't send it off right away. About three months later, I thought I should pursue this and plug along with getting all the package of information they wanted me to submit. I got it all done and sent it off to Australia where the magazine originates from.

I have been busy. Very busy. It crossed my mind a few times but thought maybe they decided not to do anything with it. I went out to my mailbox this last Thursday after getting home from work took out the mail, carried it into the house and let it sit there for a few before I went through my mail.

I had to do a double take when I got to my April/May copy of International Artist Magazine. I took one look at the cover and I was at a complete loss for words. There was my painting "Venetian Gold" on the cover.

It took me by surprise! Thank you International Artist for the honor!

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

that's a fantastic painting! What a delightful surprise and well deserved.