Sunday, June 14, 2020

Tulips Stage 4

I want you to know that when I post the progress on this painting that it is in the rough stages and I am not glamorizing the painting or the image. Now you can see I have finished the tulips and have put the first stage of the background in. I wanted something dark going to pretty much white at the top. I wanted a background that was grayish in color but with a hit of color.  I started out the first wash with Payne's Grey. It more bluish in color but I wanted that to be my undertone. After that dried, I took the mixture of Payne's Grey an added Quin Sienna. It subdued the blue hue. I put a mask around the all the edges of the floral only. This is what it looks like after removing the mask. I now need to do some touch up along some edges. This is not my stopping point yet by any means. 

No comments: