Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The making of "Au Petit Versailles"

For some of my paintings, I recorded their progress by taking photos along the way.  I would like to share the steps it took to show the development of the painting to the final result.  So below are photos showing the gradual progress to this painting that might give some insight for other artists.

When all was said and done, I was happy with the result.  I did end up cropping a little bit off the bottom.  Thought it made a better composition.  As you can see, I also muted the background street scene to put more emphasis on the objects in the window.  I will gladly answer any questions viewers have in addition to what is shown here.