Tuesday, March 9, 2021

New Painting

To add to my collection of venetian masks paintings, here is my latest completed last night. Yes, everything is painted and I have not incorporated any collage material. This is a Pierrot mask. 
Pierrot was a common character in Commedia dell'arte.  By collecting decorative paper design, I have been using the design element in my paintings lately. Along with ribbons and frames, I put together this composition. See below to see my collection of paintings depicting Venetian Masks which I love.

Commedia dell'arte was an early form of professional theatre, originating from Italy, that was popular in Europe from the 16th to the 18th century. Commedia dell'arte was formerly called Italian comedy in English and is also known as commedia all marchers, commedia improvviso, and commedia dell'arte all improvviso.







 

No comments: